Dental implants in Stourbridge
At Stourcote Dental Practice, we are experts in replacing teeth. Using the latest dental technology we can help you achieve a beautiful, natural smile.
Why might I need an implant?
A dental implant is a fixed solution for one or more missing teeth and can help restore both your smile and your quality of life.
An implant is made up of an artificial titanium root that is fixed to the jawbone, with a crown or bridge fitted on top. They can be made to look and feel just like natural teeth. If you are concerned about your replacement teeth looking realistic or coming loose, implants are an ideal option.
Implants also safeguard your overall dental health. Replacing missing teeth is extremely important, as missing teeth cause bone loss which can age your face, and could potentially cause adjacent teeth to become loose too.
The benefits of implants
- Implants look and feel just like natural teeth – you shouldn’t notice any difference.
- Implants provide permanent stability and comfort without affecting healthy teeth.
- Implants won’t come loose or fall out.
- Implants can last for many years if you maintain good oral hygiene.
- Implants prevent ageing bone loss, by stimulating your bone structure and stabilising the surrounding teeth.
What types of implants are there?
There are several different types of implant available depending on your needs. Your dentist will discuss all the options with you to find the best solution.